At Cozine Memorial Group, we provide a lending library with books, videos, pamphlets and other materials designed to assist children, adolescents and adults. Additionally, pastors and hospice chaplains have used these books and our other resources as a means of preparation for sermons and classes in their own churches and organizations. These resources are available to everyone within our community, including those served by other funeral homes. We hope that our continually expanding library may contain a book that is helpful for your circumstances. Here are a few of the titles:
- About Dying by Sarah Stein
Photographs and simple text for the young child with accompanying text for parent or teacher. Ages 3-6
- Blow Me a Kiss, Miss Lilly by Nancy Carlstrom
When her best friend, an old lady named Miss Lilly, dies, Sara learns that the memory of a loved one lives on. Ages 4-8
- Explaining Death to Children by Earl Grollman
Excellent collection of articles for parents and professionals to help them explain death to children.
- Death and the Classroom by Cassini and Rogers
A teacher’s guide to assist grieving students.
- The Bereaved Parent by Harriet Schiff
Practical step-by-step suggestions to help parents cope with the stage of their grief. Written by a bereaved parent.
- Because You Care by Barbara Chesser
Practical ideas for helping those who grieve.
- Don’t Take My Grief Away by Doug Manning
Practical and consoling guide for those who have lost a loved one. Begins with premise that grief is not an enemy, but a friend.
- Living When a Loved One Has Died by Earl Grollman
A special book of simple, straightforward thoughts to help the bereaved confront loss and then go on with living.
- You Gotta Keep Dancin’ by Tim Hansel
In the midst of life’s hurts, you can choose joy!
- Death and Grief: A Guide for Clergy by Alan Wolfelt
Compact yet comprehensive text for clergy to enhance their attitude to assist others at times of death and grief.
- When a Pregnancy Fails by Borg and Lasker
A sensitive and very informative book which will give solace to many women and men who have to cope with a pregnancy that fails.
- Great Answers to Difficult Questions About Death: What Children Need to Know by Linda Goldman
Explores children’s thoughts and feelings about death and provides guidance on how to respond to their questions with sensitive, honest, age-appropriate answers.
- Grievers Ask: Answers to Questions About Death and Loss by Harold Ivan Smith, Ph.D.
Presents clear and forthright responses to more than 150 common questions asked by grievers and examines the emotions behind questions about death and loss.
- Healing Your Grieving Heart: 100 Practical Ideas by Alan D. Wolfelt, Ph.D.
Provides 100 ideas to help anyone through a healthy process of grieving.
For additional information on our lending library, please feel free to contact us at Broadway Mortuary.